Sunday, March 18, 2012

Tasting- 2010 Cupcake Malbec


Name: Cupcake Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Mendoza
Country: Argentina
Year: 2010
Price: $9.99


Professional review: Known throughout the world for their fleshy reds, Argentina and its signature grape Malbec don't disappoint. Grown at over 2,400 feet in the shadows of the Andes mountains, our lush, well structured wine offers generous plum and raspberry notes. A round, full palate with a touch of creaminess yields into flavors reminiscent of a dark chocolate, flourless cupcake accented with fresh berries.

My review: I've never had a Malbec before so I wasn't sure what to expect, but I really enjoyed this wine. The nose was really rich and I definitely smelled raspberries. It tasted like black cherries with a little bit of dark chocolate or mocha. It was fruity and had a mouth-watering with a dry, smooth finish with a little spiciness. I had this wine with steak and roasted potatoes. The fattiness of the meat mellowed out the wine even more than it was before. I would definitely buy this wine again.

No comments:

Post a Comment