Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tasting- Cantina di Casteggio Moscato di Pavia



Name: Cantina di Casteggio Moscato di Pavia
Variety: Muscat
Region: Lombardy
Country: Italy
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95


Professional review: Bright, light golden color. Very aromatic nose of ripe apricots, sage, honey, and a slight minerallity. Medium bodied, sweet and fruity with flavors of apricots and tangerine. Well balanced acidity and medium finish with layers of sweet and citrus fruit.

My review: Although I am trying to keep an open mind with wines, I have never been a big fan of Moscato and this wine did not change my mind. All I got from the nose was sweet, syrup sticky peach jam. It tasted very artificial with all of the sugary flavors. I did not have this with wine, but I imagine maybe a good cheese could help?

No comments:

Post a Comment