Sunday, April 29, 2012

Tasting- La Vieille Ferme Recolte 2010

Name: La Vieille Ferme Recolte 2010

Variety: Grenache, Syrah and Mourvedre

Region: Rhone Valley

Country: France

Year: 2010

Price: $7.99



Professional review: The La Vielle Ferme wines come from the Perrin family of the famed Chateau Beaucastel in the Rhone Valley, France. While this wine is at a lower price point than those made by Chateau Beaucastel, it benefits from the family’s experience and masterful wine making skills. While not a complex wine, the La Vieille Ferme is straight forward wine with bright fruit. If you love fruity wines, this wine is for you.


My review: I was really disappointed with this wine. I kept hearing about how it was a great value and a "crowd-pleaser" wine, but I disagree. It was very light and hollow. I couldn't smell much on the nose because the alcohol was so overwhelming. For the taste, I got a little bit of cherry and oak, but it was not complex at all. I had this wine with a shrimp pasta and I really wish I had a nice white wine instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment