Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Tasting- AmRhein's 2011 Traminette



Name: AmRhein's 2011 Traminette

Variety: Traminette

Region: Virginia

Country:United States

Year: 2011

Price: $11.99



Professional review: A delightfully crisp wine featuring the flavors of pineapple and grapefruit. The acidity is balanced with the natural residual fruit sugar reminiscent of the German Spätlese style of winemaking.


My review: As soon as I saw the words German Spatlese on the label, I had to grape it and compare it to other Spatlese wines I have had. It was definitely similar. The wine had a little bit of a fritz to it, but was not sparkling so that was intriguing. The nose was very crisp with a kind of cleaner smell to it like freshly scrubbed floors. It had sweet citrus flavors like lemon and grapefruit. I had this wine with creamy brie cheese and crackers, which cut down on the acidity of the wine. Overall, a pretty good porch drinking wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment