Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tasting- 2010 Vina Borgia



Name: Vina Borgia
Variety: Grenache
Region: Camp de Borja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $6.99

Professional review: The 2010 Vina Borgia is 100% Garnacha fermented and aged in stainless steel. Notes of cinnamon, clove, violets, and black cherry lead to an easygoing, smooth-textured red that finishes with no hard edges. Drink this friendly offering over the next 3 years.
Score: 86. —Jay Miller, June 2011
My review: This wine had a very fruity bouquet that matched the flavor well. I got a lot of juicy berry with light pepper on the finish. It was very smooth, but somewhat thin in body. I would rate this wine average compared to what I've had before. It wasn't very complex, but I did enjoy the aromas and flavors I tasted.

I had pepper jack cheese and crackers with this wine. The spiciness from the cheese seemed to enhance the fruity flavors even more than when I tasted the wine without food. Because this wine wasn't very complex, I think it would be easy to have with a few different things. However, I can't imagine it adding anything special to the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment