Friday, February 3, 2012

Tasting- Doural Red Tinto



Name: Doural Red Tinto
Variety: Touriga Franca
Region: Douro
Country: Portugal
Year: 2009
Price: $8.95

Professional review: This Portugese tinto (red) blend exhibits a deep red color with violet hues. The nose is vibrant and fuity. The palate offers notes of spice, cherry, and dark berry supported by good structure. Pairs well with red or game meat, cheeses and fish.

My review: This wine was a dark red with a purple tint to it, which was especially evident when some of it dripped onto my tasting note sheet. The aromas of this wine were really strong. With the first smell, it was almost hard to distinguish what was in it, but I got some fruitiness and berries. The flavor was a little bit drier than the nose let on. The wine was easy to drink, but not my favorite.

I did not have this with food, but can see how a red meat might bump up the taste a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment