Saturday, February 25, 2012

Tasting- Protocolo Blanc




Name: Protocolo Blanc
Variety: 70% Airen and 30% Macabeo
Region: Not Specified
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95


Professional review: Greenish gold. Subtle aromas of mint, lemon and orange, with a hint of honeysuckle. Dry, understated and focused, offering clean citrus and melon flavors and slow-building sweetness. Finishes dry and brisk, with an echo of lemon. As usual, this is an outstanding value.

My review: This wine also had a great deal of citrus aromas coming through on the nose. I also got a hint of barely ripened apple. This wine was very dry on the pallet. It was very tart, but kind of dull at the same time. It left me with quite a kick of alcohol on the way down. I think this wine would be much better paired with food like a light salad or some cheese and crackers. However, I tasted this wine without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment