Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tasting- Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon



Name: Woodbridge by Robert Mondavi Cabernet Sauvignon
Variety: Cabernet Sauvignon
Region: California
Country: United States
Year: 2010
Price: $7.99

Professional review: Our 2010 Cabernet Sauvignon is an elegant wine with aromas of earthy tobacco and toasted oak that mingle with deep flavors of fresh blueberry and black currants. The seamless tannins and excellent balance provide structure to the ripe fruit flavors. Enjoy this approachable Cabernet Sauvignon with braised beef short ribs, grilled steak, and even grilled tomato and cheese pizza. Or pour glasses by candlelight on a cold winter's night and enjoy with roast beef or hearty soup.

My review: The aromas of this wine were very strong. I could immediately smell oak and dark fruits after pouring it into my glass. The wine hit my pallet with a burst of oak followed by black cherries with a spicy, smoky finish. This wine had a heavy body and complexity, and I really enjoyed the flavors. I could have done with a little less oak and probably should have let it breathe longer to get the flavors fully integrated and mellowed out.

As suggested by review, I tried this wine with a hearty roast beef and vegetable stew. The fattiness of the meat definitely softened the wine and balanced the flavors out more. I felt like my mouth was watering for more throughout the entire meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment