Friday, February 3, 2012

Tasting- Sol Acantalys



Name: Sol Acantalys Cotes Du Rhone
Variety: Red Rhone Blend- typically Grenache, Syrah, Mourvedre
Region: Tavel, Rhone
Country: France
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95

Winery review: When you hear the word, “Tavel,” you should think of elegant, dry rosés. Try it now. “Tavel!” rosés! “Tavel!”rosés! “Tavel!” rosés! Good. Very good ... that doesn’t apply here. The fact is that the Vignerons de Tavel (the Tavel Winemakers), who are famous for making rosés also make a Côtes du Rhône red. This plump, juicy red bursts with ripe red and black fruits into a succulently-smooth, palate-pleasing mouthful. Buy it, gulp it, love it, repeat.

My review: From the first smell, I knew I would love this wine. The aromas were pretty fruit-forward with some smokey and spicy undertones. After sipping the wine, the peppery/spicy flavor came through a little more than I was expecting after smelling it, but I really enjoyed it. It had soft tannins and went down pretty smoothly. I would definitely recommend this wine.

I bought a bottle to pair with food at home. Having it with cheese and crackers really changed the flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment